iPhone and iPad possessors using SmartShare mobile may now upgrade to latest v7.0 app!
As announced a month ago, the iOS mobile app of SmartShare is also evolving, in parallel to the Notes rich client version. In summary, the major improvements are about:
- The navigation within the app was completely revamped.
- Ability to switch from one module to another (Documents, Activities...) without loosing context
- Ability to take workflow's actions on documents (DM)
- Ability to upload photos... or files coming from file storage (iCloud, ...)
- Ability to send a mail from within an activity
- Favorite documents (DM) can be kept in sync through replication
- And many other small improvements....
How to update the app ?
As for previous versions, the app is available on the AppStore.
Simply update it from your iPhone/iPad as you would do for any other app... if not already made automatically.
Do I have to upgrade my server version to v7.0 too?
Server-side application v7.0 is now available, as announced in this post. But do you have to upgrade your server first? Well, yes... and no.
Some new functionalities (ability to send a mail, upload files,...) require the server-side application to be upgraded in v7.0. However, if your SmartShare applications are still in v6.7 (or even v6.6), the app will not malfunction : these new functionalities will simply not be exposed to end user on the mobile app.