Duplicates in the database... They are the nightmare of every business. Prevention is better, but in case yours is already polluted, here’s how you can clean it up and keep it clean afterwards.
Cleaning up made simple
Finding and cleaning all the duplicates takes time. Assigning the linked visit reports and orders to the right entries afterwards is hard work.
That’s why our consultant team developed a solution.
How does it work?
We compare different fields, managing spelling errors and we give the match a score. The lowest scores are the closest.
- For example, 'Coca-Cola' is a close match to 'Coca cola NV'.
Should the duplicate contain for example linked orders and visit reports assigned to it, we'll copy this information and move these to the original and no data is lost. A clean database remains.
What do you have to do?
1. Provide us your dataset
We can work with all data types, we execute the code on the fields usable and create a clean overview of the matches. This overview will be presented to you, with matches that are:
- High potential
- A potential
- This will allow us to execute the code and create a clean overview of the matches. This overview will be presented to you.
2. Final validation of the potentials
You remain in control, the potentials can be validated by you. With the validated overview, we can start the cleaning process.
How long does it take?
For an unautomated system, estimate 2-4 days to receive this report. It depends on the dataset size of course.
- One-time clean-up of a database
- Scheduled (for example, every month)
- Live (triggered upon update)